Prof. Salvatore Sansalone
Nato a Locri (RC)
il 1 Agosto 1971
Prof. Salvatore Sansalone is an expert in Urology.
Graduated in 2001 and specialized in 2006 in Rome, he earned a II level Master’s degree in Andrology at La Sapienza University. He has performed specialization courses in genitourethral reconstructive surgery at the Sava Perovic Foundation in Belgrade.
He mainly deals with urethral surgery, induratio penis Plastica (Peyronie’s disease), erectile dysfunction, prosthetic implants, urinary incontinence, prostate and bladder cancer.
Lecturer at the Tor Vergata University of Rome.
He is director of the genitourethral reconstructive surgery center and of the male infertility center at the Sanatrix Clinic in Rome and at the GI.SA Polyclinic in Catania.
Urologist consultant of the Ministry of Health and member of prestigious scientific societies (SIU, SIA, UAE, ESSM), he is the author of over 126 publications and has participated in numerous national and international conferences as speaker, moderator, surgical operator, member of the secretariat scientific and / or organizational.
Prof. Sansalone is also a member of the Executive Committee of the European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM) and has received numerous awards and recognitions at conferences in Italy and abroad.
Cariche in enti pubblici e privati
Di seguito un elenco sommario delle principali cariche assunte dal Prof. Sansalone
Principali tappe del percorso formativo e professionale
- II level Master in Andrology at the University of Rome La Sapienza
- Winner of the comparative evaluation to the post of university researcher sector MED / 24 Urology.
- Winner of a research grant lasting 15 months (from 01/07/2007 to 30/09/2008) with a research project entitled: “Tissue engineering: Scaffolds biodegradable versus traditional surgery of the albuginea with an autologous venous graft”, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy.
- From June to July 2008: he actively attended the European Center for Urethral Reconstructive Surgery in Arezzo, directed by Prof. Guido Barbagli.
- Specialization Diploma in Urology, with a mark of 50/50 cum laude, and experimental thesis entitled: “Surgical Treatment of Urethral Stenosis” in collaboration with Prof. S. Perovic of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Belgrade ( Serbia and Montenegro).
- Enrollment in the School of Specialization in Urology, at the Urological Clinic of the University of Rome Tor Vergata, first classified in the admission exam.
- From November 2004 to November 2005: “Research Fellow” at the Department of Urology of the University of Belgrade (Serbia and Montenegro), directed by Prof. Sava Perovic.
- From May to July 2006: “Research Fellow” at the Department of Urology of Harburg, Hamburg (Germany), directed by Prof. Margit Fisch.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Rome Tor Vergata, with an experimental thesis entitled: “Psa Screening in Prostate Carcinoma”.
Meeting e Congressi
International Meeting On Reconstructive Urology
Hamburg - 11/13 March 2019
34th Meeting of the EAU Section of Genito-Urinary Reconstructive Surgeons
Barcelona - 15/19 March 2019
AUA2019 Urologic Care for the Advanced Practice Provider
Chicago - 3/6 May 2019
European Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Meeting
Milan - 20/22 September 2018